13 Reasons Why

This week's blog post topic is either free write or about PARCC testing. So for free write I decided to write about one of my recent favorite Netflix shows, which is based on one of my favorite books.

Thirteen Reasons Why is by far one of the best Netflix shows I've ever watched. First of all the actors are amazing. Dylan Minnete and Katherine Langford look exactly how I imagined Clay and Hannah while reading the book. Although, I will say the show is pretty graphic, and some parts I had to skip through. When I was reading the book, I didn't want to put it down, it was so good. 

Thirteen Reasons Why is about a girl named Hannah Baker who makes seven tapes. On the seven tapes are two sides, and each side is "a reason." The reasons are about why she committed suicide. If you like suspenseful books and shows, I highly recommend both the book and the show. 


(SPOILERS BELOW)
So while watching the show I realized many things that were different than in the book. (There's a lot of things they did differently but I'm just going to name three of the main things that were different.) Some things were just little like Clay walked around town or took the bus in the book, and in the show he rode his bike everywhere. In the book Clay listens to all the tapes nonstop in one night, and in the show, he listens to them through out a few weeks, and not only does the Netflix show, show Clay's perspective, it also shows all the other characters perspectives. Also, in the show they changed Clay's tape number to the 11th tape. In the book his tape was the 9th tape. Finally, the last thing I'm going to name that they changed in the show was how Hannah died.

*also credits to Jillian for giving me the idea for making my blog post about Thirteen Reasons Why because I couldn't think of something to write about. 


Comments

  1. I never watched Thirteen Reasons why before but now I really want to watch it because everyone is talking about it and this blog post really encouraged me to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good! All of my friends really like it too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Life Quotes

Graduation Speech